Thoughts on "Something Not To Apologize For" by Nixon

4 Things You Shouldn’t Be Apologizing For by Melissa Nixon is a great to skim. The advises are very applicable to Finns. At least the number 1 is pretty obvious: don't apologize for being you. However, this is partly the same as number 3, "being driven". I am one of those people who dream big - and sometimes that big turns into reality. It is sad how some people (probably unconsciously) make you more "reality oriented".

When I was around 12 years old and competing in athletics I told my self: "someone needs to be the last one, it is always someone". When I was older and competing in swimming, I used to think that I am good only in breaststroke. During the first year in high school, I finally chose science over sports. My competition results hadn't improved for a year and I had discovered that school felt easier every year. At university, I started to dream really big. I reached the two biggest: studied abroad (twice) and got into PhD program. Thus from my little experience, dreaming big works. I should dear to continue dreaming.

Nixon lists also achieved success as "Don't apologize". This is a hard task, sometimes the luck truly place a role (e.g. exam questions or just happening to meet person X). Yet, I agree that you can affect to the probability by hard work and the rest is what you make from the lucky situation.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

10 Danish Things

One More Writing Class - This Time @Aarhus BSS

Autumn Miracle in Aarhus, Denmark