Real Life Experiment: Is Denmark REALLY That Expensive (Compared to Finland)?

So, I am in this cool little country, called Denmark. It has an own currency, unlike Finland. Now, 1 DKK =  0.1345 € meaning that 10 DKK is approximately 1.35 €. Well, this is a hard calculation to do when you're tired after work. Thus, the prices in stores don't tell me much. But let's this time check: Is Denmark really that expensive?

I went to this local store calle Fotex:





I needed stuff. And I mostly followed the funny discounts. Like: Buy 2 get the second one practically for free! Buy this product for -30% and these for -50%... Yep, it's a deal. Noteworthy: There are many discounts in the store, simply too many.




But what does it mean in €uros? First of all, the total cost was 182.85 DKK.

According to Google, I just spend 24.58 € (27.32 US Dollars). Additionally, the tights that I bought made almost 40 % of this. Wow, they were relatively expensive..

Balsam: 10 DKK = 1.34 € = $1.49  --> Cheap!

Tights: 69 DKK = 9.28 € = $ 10.30 --> affordable / approx normal (hard to say without quality knowledge)



Cold cuts (per 200 g): 20 DKK= 2.69 € = $2.99  --> normal?

Ariel + Lenor (Washing powder + Fabric softener): 32 DKK= 4.30 € = $ 4.78 --> Inexpensive

Läkerol 13.95 DKK = 1.88€ = $2.08 ---> it's something similar in Finland? But these I must have.

Orange Juice 10 DKK = 1.34 € --> What! Should go buy more! Cheap for being 100% fruit and organic..




Therefore, I wouldn't call Denmark that expensive. However, the prices for dining out are in other dimension. Luckily, lunch at the university cost around 30 - 38 DKK = 4 - 5.11 € which sounds fine but the plate is quite small. Most of my colleagues here bring their own lunch.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

10 Danish Things

Autumn Miracle in Aarhus, Denmark

One More Writing Class - This Time @Aarhus BSS